* Our practice aims to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients. We have management systems to help us and which define each practice member’s responsibilities when looking after you.
* In proposing treatment we will take account of your own wishes. We will explain options, where appropriate, and costs, so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are doing.
* We will do all we can to look after your dental health. We will ask you about your general health, and about any medicines being taken. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you confidential.
* Cross Infection control is also essential to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for cross infection control.
* We ask patients about tobacco and alcohol use because they increase your oral cancer risk.
* Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at meetings of all staff. We encourage all staff to make suggestions for improving the care we give patients.
* We regularly ask patients for their views on our services. We have systems for dealing promptly with patient complaints and for ensuring that we learn a valuable lesson from any mistake that we make.
* The dentist and clinical support team take part in continuing professional education, meeting the General Dental Council’s requirements. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of general dentistry, including preventive care which reduces your need for treatment.
* When team member joins the practice they are given training in practice-wide procedures. Once a year, there is an individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
Members of the practice know of the need to ensure that dentist and hygienists are working safely. In the unlikely event that a professional in this practice becomes unfit to practice, we have systems to ensure that concerns are investigated and, if necessary, acted upon. The Harrow Dental Centre is registered with the Care Quality Commission.